Pink Fire Pointer On Wearing Head Pieces

On Wearing Head Pieces

I send two newsletters every week - one has is a styling newsletter to help give you all great ideas on how to wear your vintage and mix it in with your modern pieces, and the second is a glimpse of the new goodies that just landed in the shop.

Yesterday I sent the latter and in it I featured two feather headpieces that I have just acquired. This is it in case you are not on my mailing list (if you wanna be sign up here):


Pretty snazzy huh? And that Biba coat is not too bad either!

Just after I sent this off on its merry way I received an email from Angela who was kind enough to send some pictures of her and a friend with THEIR fabulous toppers on. Angela lives in Australia and went to the Melbourne Cup, which is a HUGE event in Australia and happily an event where hat wearing is tres mandatory - LOVE that!

These two headpieces are by the talented designer - Fiona Powel and they have the same feel as the two Dior/Stephen Jones pieces I showcased in my What's New email. I asked Angela if I could share her pics with all of you and happily she said YES!

Angela paired hers with the infamous Prada flower dress (that ironically I blogged about before - read that here - and I DO own that dress now btw!)

Angela's friend, Pauline, is wearing her fab feathers with a leopard Moschino dress.



Aren't they absolutely stunningly, lovely and glamorous? I love the combination of the prints with the feathers! And it is just fantastic to be able to see real life examples on how to wear a head piece and wear it well!

Thank you Angela for sending these in!

If you want to recreate your own look based on these lovelies - here are the floral print dresses I have in the shop and these are the animal print pieces! Those fantastic headpieces are here  and here!

Have fun styling!